Friday, June 27, 2014

4th of July Treats - My Pinterest Favorites

 
 
If you ask me, it doesn't get much better than homemade sweets in the summer time. There's something so heartening about holiday treats; just the smell of a home made cake baking in the oven takes me back to my mother's kitchen when I was a little girl. I get somewhat nostalgic looking back on those summer days when I could barely see over the kitchen counter, but I'd still spend the whole day in the kitchen with my mom "helping" her bake, stealing a bit of the batter while she wasn't looking, wearing my favorite apron, and getting to lick the spoon when everything was done. (I'll admit, I still lick the spoon before I put it in the sink.) There's just something so good about eating homemade treats outdoors surrounded by sunshine and loved ones; it somehow makes everything taste a little sweeter.
 
 So, in the spirit of the 4th of July, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite festive, not to mention delicious, Pinterest finds. These recipes are sure to dazzle everyone's taste buds and are perfect for any All-American fun you might be planning this year.
 
I have linked all the recipes below. These treats are almost as delightful as the blogs they are posted on, so if you have a bit of time, after you've checked out the recipe, I'd definitely check out each one of this awesome blogs; especially if you love great recipes and a good time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you have an absolutely delightful & delicious Independence Day.
 
Lots of Hugs,
Brittney
 


No comments:

Post a Comment